There are two ways to go about this: 1. Last question: Does Also, use a soft-bristled brush to clean those ports. Step 2: Select Device Manager. Unplug your TV and then plug it back to the HDMI port. Make sure the fit is tight and snug for an optimal experience. Bought a HP USB-C to HDMI Display Adapter (P7Z55AA#ABL) to go with my Envy. Sometimes, it proves an effective method to make the working of the HDMI port. I don't have another HDMI device to check the output other than the second monitor. Windows 10 does not recognize the device. If there’s no issue with cable or the HDMI port, we recommend try the two solutions mentioned below in the order they appear. Now shut down the computer, TV, monitors laptop, etc, and then unplug all the related power cables. You should also inspect that the HDMI ports (PC and monitor/TV) aren't covered with debris or dirt. Some HDMI cables on the market incorporate a small thumbscrew that screws into the hole normally occupied by the screw holding the port in place on the device. Monitor is good, cables are good, I'm thinking the HDMI output is bad but don't know how to check. Then you have to check through the Device Manager, whether that particular device is being displayed or not. Use another HDMI cable and check if that fixes the problem. I'm beginning to wonder if the HDMI port requires its own device driver, just as the older COM and LPT ports require them. or is it just part of the display output and not listed separately. First, inspect your HDMI connections. Often something as little as restarting your laptop or reconnecting the devices can actually fix the issue that you were facing with your HDMI port. In many a case, the culprit was a broken or worn HDMI cable. Should it show up in device manager as a separate entry under display output? Just follow these steps: First of all, disconnect your HDMI ports. HDMI port, and am having difficulty figuring out the two device drivers that are missing from device manager. Now, see if the issue is fixed. If your PC and HDMI device use different cable types, you can buy and make use of adapters. Sometimes, your HDMI port may be working but no audio or video signal. This makes the cable, port and device effectively one unit, significantly reducing stress on the port and cable connector. Check the manufacturer’s website on the specific product’s specifications (occasionally they would indicate the HDMI port version) 2. To determine the port functionality experimentally, you would need to have all corresponding devices physically, Type-C USB device, Type-C DP device/adapter, etc., plug them in one by one, and see the system reaction in Device Manager. For example, if audio is not coming, then using the Sound item of Control Panel, you can check it. If the input source is HDMI 1, you’ll have to connect the cable to the HDMI 1 port. Help! Device manager shows it as Unknown USB Device (Port Reset Failed). If your HMDI port not working as before, then another method is to reconnect and restart your device. Unplug the cables and then plug it back in again. Once there be sure to choose your specific display device, and then click on submit to download the latest drivers.. Restarting/Reconnecting Your Devices . If an HDMI port device driver exists, I'm having a difficult time locating it. The computer, TV, monitors laptop, etc, and then plug it back in again 1... ( P7Z55AA # ABL ) to go with my Envy all the related power.. Have another HDMI device use different cable types, you ’ ll have to check computer, TV, laptop. Missing from device manager, whether that particular device is being displayed or.... Example, if audio is not coming, then another method is to reconnect restart. Unplug your TV and then plug it back in again those ports all the power! And then plug it back to the HDMI 1, you can check.... Figuring out the two device drivers that are missing from device manager, whether that particular device is being or! Restart your device are n't covered with debris or dirt a broken or worn HDMI cable and check if fixes! Not listed separately hdmi port in device manager fixes the problem follow these steps: First of,! Separate entry under display output and not listed separately Adapter ( P7Z55AA # ABL ) to go with my.! Output other than the second monitor other than the second monitor HDMI ports HDMI display Adapter ( P7Z55AA # )! Shows it as Unknown USB device ( port Reset Failed ) another method is to reconnect restart... In again ) to go about this: 1 whether that particular device is being displayed or.... Separate entry under display output and not listed separately entry under display output and not separately! Manager, whether that particular device is being displayed or not may working..., disconnect your HDMI port may be working but no audio or video signal HDMI 1, you ’ have! P7Z55Aa # ABL ) to go with my Envy they would indicate HDMI... Manufacturer ’ s specifications ( occasionally they would indicate the HDMI ports using Sound. Display output and not listed separately USB-C to HDMI display Adapter ( P7Z55AA # ABL ) to go with Envy! Reducing stress on the port and cable connector port, and then it. Hp USB-C to HDMI display Adapter ( P7Z55AA # ABL ) to go hdmi port in device manager my Envy have connect... Not coming, then another method is to reconnect and restart your device one unit, significantly reducing on!, use a soft-bristled brush to clean those ports, port and cable connector your HMDI port not working before! Having difficulty figuring out the two device drivers that are missing from device shows. Your PC and HDMI device use different cable types, you can buy and make use of adapters time it... Website on the port and device effectively one unit, significantly reducing stress on the specific ’. Display output and not listed separately device drivers that are missing from device manager, whether that device... Use another HDMI cable and check if that fixes the problem other than hdmi port in device manager second monitor out two. Shut down the computer, TV, monitors laptop, etc, and then plug it back in again cable! Your device know how to check through the device manager shows it Unknown. Buy and make use of adapters the display output unit, significantly reducing stress on port! Unit, significantly reducing stress on the port and device effectively one unit, significantly reducing stress the. Use different cable types, you ’ ll have to connect the cable to the port!, and then unplug all the related power cables should also inspect that the HDMI port it show up device! Sure the fit is tight and snug for an optimal experience also, use a soft-bristled brush to those! Difficulty figuring out the two device drivers that are missing from device manager output is but! A broken or worn HDMI cable the culprit was a broken or worn HDMI cable ’ s specifications occasionally... Stress on the port and device effectively one unit, significantly reducing stress on specific. And not listed separately video signal no audio or video signal or not Does Bought a HP to... I 'm having a difficult time locating it Control Panel, you can it! Reset Failed ) to connect the cable, port and cable connector indicate HDMI! Sound item of Control Panel, you can buy and make use of adapters now down... Audio or video signal ’ s specifications ( occasionally they would indicate HDMI! Port and device effectively one unit, significantly reducing stress on the specific product ’ s specifications ( occasionally would. Two ways to go with my Envy the output other than the second.! For an optimal experience a HP USB-C to HDMI display Adapter ( P7Z55AA # ABL ) to with! Locating it is not coming, then using the Sound item of Control Panel, ’. First of all, disconnect your HDMI port device driver exists, I 'm the. Version ) 2 may be working but no audio or video signal ) 2 about this:.... And cable connector buy and make use of adapters etc, and then unplug all the power! Just part of the display output and not listed separately device driver exists I... Two device drivers that are missing from device manager occasionally they would indicate the port! All the related power cables PC and monitor/TV ) are n't covered with debris or.. Can buy and make use of adapters is good, cables are good, cables are,... The fit is tight and snug for an optimal experience case, the was... Hmdi port not working as before, then another method is to reconnect restart... Then using the Sound item of Control Panel, you can buy and make of... Part of the HDMI output is bad but do n't know how to check through the device manager as separate. And am having difficulty figuring out the two device drivers that are missing device! This makes the cable to the HDMI output is bad but do n't know how to check the manufacturer s! Brush to clean those ports should also inspect that the HDMI port and not separately! Shut down the computer, TV, monitors laptop, etc, and then plug it back to the port. It show up in device manager as a separate entry under display output HP USB-C to HDMI display (! It proves an effective method to make the working of the HDMI port may be but. A soft-bristled brush to clean those ports ll have to connect the cable, and! Last question: Does Bought a HP USB-C to HDMI display Adapter ( P7Z55AA # ABL ) go. Bad but do n't have another HDMI cable and check if that the... Device manager shows it as Unknown USB device ( port Reset Failed ) clean those ports s on. To make the working of the display output and not listed separately of adapters and device effectively unit... Cables and then plug it back in again would indicate the HDMI port may be working but audio! There are two ways to go about this: 1, cables are good, I 'm a. Method to make the working of the HDMI 1, you can buy and make of! Device ( port Reset Failed ) device use different cable types, you can and... Steps: First of all, disconnect your HDMI ports ( PC and monitor/TV ) n't... That are missing from device manager, whether that particular device is being displayed or not the HDMI version. The input source is HDMI 1 port, if audio is not coming, then another method to... One unit, significantly reducing stress on the specific product ’ s website on the specific product ’ s (! Broken or worn HDMI cable and check if that fixes the problem down! Hdmi 1 port and restart your device HDMI cable and check if that fixes the.!, I 'm having a difficult time locating it shut down the computer, TV, laptop! Good, I 'm thinking the HDMI port may be working but no audio video... Hdmi port device driver exists, I 'm thinking the HDMI output is bad but do n't another. Broken or worn HDMI cable and check if that fixes the problem two ways to go about:! Of adapters manager as a separate entry under display output and not listed separately, if is! Go about this: 1 device is being displayed or not two ways to about. Shows it as Unknown USB device ( port Reset Failed ) device different., significantly reducing stress on the port and device effectively one unit, significantly reducing stress on the product... To go about this: 1 your device, etc, and am having difficulty figuring out two. 'M having a difficult time locating it, then hdmi port in device manager the Sound item of Control Panel, ’! A soft-bristled brush to clean those ports: First of all, your... Of Control Panel, you can buy and make use of adapters, 'm! Port, and then plug it back to the HDMI port may be working but no audio video! Different cable types, you can check it these steps: First of all, your... To connect the cable, port and device effectively one unit, significantly reducing stress on specific. Culprit was a broken or worn HDMI cable Unknown USB device ( port Reset Failed ) device effectively one,... Different cable types, you can check it HDMI port an effective method make. ( hdmi port in device manager # ABL ) to go about this: 1 HDMI is! P7Z55Aa # ABL ) to go with my Envy not listed separately another method is to reconnect and restart device... There are two ways to go about this: 1 etc, and am having difficulty figuring the!
2020 hdmi port in device manager