Here you can visit all the top tourist attractions and enjoy the best of what Edinburgh has to offer. During your visit, you will be able to discover both the inside and outside of the castle. We are planning for a trip to scotland for 4-5 days in end july with our1.5 year old. If you’re planning only 4 days in Scotland, you can spend 1 day in the Highlands instead of 2. I am planning a trip to Scotland with my fiance and we have 4 full days to rent a car and travel the countryside from Edinburgh!. Copyright Voyage Tips 2020 – Mentions légales, If you don’t want to rent a car, the other solution is to, The Ultimate 4-5 days Scotland Itinerary + Where to stay. It takes around 3 hours round trip. This time, we decided to drive around Scotland in a camper van and we weren’t disappointed! For this itinerary you will spend 2 nights in Edinburgh and 2 nights in Glasgow. Both the national park and the Loch are the largest in the country. Entry is free and there is a cafe upstairs. My first visit to Glasgow didn’t go all that well, you can read my post about why I didn’t like Glasgow but why I love it now. To get there, the best is to join one of the guided tours organized every evening. You’re planning to spend 4 or 5 days in Scotland? From Stirling you will still have to drive for around 1h to reach Edinburgh. More. Description. Where to stay? If you need help to plan your 4-5 day itinerary in Scotland, don’t hesitate to ask me in the comments section located below. Let’s face it: during your short 4 or 5 days stay in Scotland, it’s better to spend your time visiting rather than queuing for hours to get an entrance ticket . For the second part of your 4 or 5 days trip to Scotland, you will spend 2 days to visit the Highlands. We book all the hotels and provide an itinerary and you do the oohing and aahing at the landscape of Scotland. 4-5 days in Scotland: the best itinerary 1) Edinburgh (2 days) Let’s start your 4-5 day trip to Scotland with a visit to Edinburgh, the capital.. To visit Edinburgh in 2 days, the best is to devote one day to each part of the city.. On your first day, you will visit Old Town, the medieval part of the city; On your second day, you will discover New Town, the contemporary part of Edinburgh. To visit Edinburgh in 2 days, the best is to devote one day to each part of the city. Day 1: Edinburgh. Spend the night towards Fort Williams, 25 minutes from Glencoe. In addition to watching this famous train, there are also several beautiful hikes to do in the surrounding area. Follow our four day itinerary which takes you on a rail and bus journey from Glasgow to Mallaig in the West Highlands. Return to Fort William for a second night in the Highlands. Just don’t get too carried away because you’ve got a big day ahead of you tomorrow! I compare rental cars prices in Scotland now! Ask the people at the information desk to point you in its direction- the wall isn’t actually a wall anymore, but a ditch. DAY 3 - Glen Coe. My husband and I are planning our first trip to Scotland and Ireland. All pretty great countries but pretty far away too. For this road trip, you will need to rent a car (unless you came to Scotland with your own of course!). 5 Day North Coast 500 Itinerary. During your cruise, you can try to catch a glimpse of Nessie, the famous monster! Today you will have to think about getting closer to Edinburgh. This is just the first, and we plan on returning! They have a 60 minute tour for just £12, which includes a tasting, or a 90 minute tour with 4 tastings for £35. A day in this magical city before you start your tour. You’ll make your way back to the city centre for lunch, and then explore Glasgow on foot. That’s already the fifth day of your 4 or 5 day Scotland tour! You can start by visiting the city’s iconic landmark, Edinburgh Castle. We are planning on leaving Edinburgh the morning of Oct 2nd and have until the evening of the 5th to return to Edinburgh (4 full days). It is a packed tour plan that delivers all the big name attractions; Edinburgh, Stirling Castle, Culloden, Loch Ness, Skye, Eilean Donan, Glen Coe and Loch Lomond. You’ll pick up your rental car from Glasgow [I recommend hiring a car from Auto Europe] and drive to Luss, a wee village on the banks of Loch Lomond. There is a lovely gift shop and a cafe next to the sculptures. Hi! I'll be going to Scotland for 4 days after my tour in Ireland, and I'm wondering if people have recommendations for what the best attractions are in the country for only 4 days.I don't necessarily want to stay in Edinburgh the whole time. There is so much more in Scotland to see, but hopefully this gives you a taste and leaves you wanting to come back explore more of this amazing country! Inside Edinburgh Castle you’ll see pieces of Scotland’s history such as Mons Meg, St Margaret’s Chapel, the Stone of Destiny and the Scottish Crown Jewels. As I suggested a bit earlier in this guide, you can also stay in Edinburgh for the 4 days and do day trips. If you’re planning a trip to Scotland, driving is the best way to go. The big advantage is that you won’t have to take care of anything! If you had more time you could hike to the valley, however you’ll continue on to Glencoe village for something to eat. I’ve made some amendments [I know Scotland a whole lot better now] but 80% of this itinerary is where I went and what I did. Day One: Edinburgh. Flights prices to Scotland vary widely, so it is a good idea to compare them as soon as possible. As you continue on you’ll pass The Three Sisters, three beautiful mountain peaks. The walk to Glasgow Cathedral takes under 30 minutes, and there is lots of street art to see along the way on the Glasgow City Mural Trail. It’s reputed to be one of the most haunted in the world! Have some dinner and sample a few of the pubs and fantastic cocktail bars the city has to offer. Here are the best places to see in New Town, Edinburgh: At the end of the day, if you’re up for more ghost stories and haunted places after visiting Greyfriars Cemetery, you should go on a Ghost Tour. Pull into the Three Sisters Car Park to take in the three peaks and visualise The Lost Valley nestled between two of the sisters. From the well-known scenic landscapes, famed attractions, iconic monuments, and breathtaking locations that have made cameo appearances in TV and Films - Scotland is a must-visit destination. If you make a purchase, I may get a wee commission (which I’m super grateful for) at no extra cost to you. The place is really beautiful, and you will probably see a few sheeps during this day! 10 Day Scotland Itinerary: 3 Perfect Routes. Disclosure: Wayfaring Kiwi is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. You can find more information about the Camera Obscura on the official website. This 4 day itinerary features the best of Edinburgh for first-time visitors and a few off the beaten path spots. Where to stay in the Highlands (Fort William), Loch Lomond and the Trossachs National Park (1 day, 3) Loch Lomond and the Trossachs National Park (1 day). But I can take only so much November weather and needed to start somewhere with my Scotland road trip. The place is especially famous for it 21 arch viaduct that has been featured in “Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets” movie! This 4 day Scotland itinerary is a replica of my first trip here. It’s a good snack stop! If you still have some time before dinner I recommend walking up Calton Hill for magnificent views on the city. From the medieval alleys of Edinburgh’s Old Town to the ancient castle ruins of the Scottish Highlands, you’ll be surprised by all you can experience in 4 days in Scotland. Part of Antonine’s Wall is also located within the grounds. Creator of the Voyage Tips blog, travel and photography lover. You’ll then have another chance to stretch your legs when you go for a walk around Glencoe Lochan. On your way back, you can make a stop in Dores, a cute village offering a beautiful view of Loch Ness. 7 Days | 362 Miles. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. The view from the summit is just superb! 2017 was Scotland’s Year of History, Heritage & Archaeology, but honestly, each year should be Scotland’s Year of History, Heritage & Archaeology – there is just so much to see and discover.In hindsight, a 5 day Scotland itinerary wasn’t quite enough. Day 1: Explore Scotland’s capital, Edinburgh, Day 3: Drink whisky and be merry in Glasgow, get $33USD credit for your first booking here, Why I decided to go back on antidepressants, What It’s Like Travelling To Europe During the Pandemic, Exploring the grounds at the House of The Binns, Experience the colourful nightlife in Glasgow. You’ll continue on, passing The Green Welly Stop in Tyndrum. Leave me a comment below- I’d love to hear what you think! After all these visits, you will deserve a sweet break . Here are the most popular trip plans for 4 days in Scotland. It’s now time to visit the city’s second most popular tourist attraction: The Palace of Holyroodhouse. Si un nouveau commentaire est posté:Ne pas me notifier par Email.Me notifier par Email si quelqu\'un répond à mon commentaire.Me notifier par Email si un nouveau commentaire est posté. Admiring Glasgow Cathedral from the Necropolis. Whilst planning our NC500 Scotland 4 day itinerary, it was proving difficult to find a post that listed accommodation and the best things to see all in one place. Thanks so much! 2h10 drive - 120 Miles - 193 km I recommend purchasing the Explorer Pass, For booking hotels, I recommend comparing prices with Booking.com, Expedia & direct, Going on a road trip? We LOVE scotch and this was a chance of a lifetime to try some really unique vintages on our Scotland itinerary. 3h drive - 120 Miles - 193 km. This 4 day Scotland itinerary is a replica of my first trip here. After dropping your luggage off you’ll then catch a taxi or an Uber to Auchentoshan Distillery for a tour of the single malt whisky distillery. Keep yourself and others safe- remember to check the government guidelines and plan ahead before you travel. Our 4 day Scottish Highlands itinerary includes all of our favorite spots from our trip, but spread out among 4 days instead of 3 so you’re able to enjoy things at a more relaxed pace than we were able to. When you will arrive, you should ask at Glencoe Visitor Centre for more information about the various hiking trails available. This 4 hours round trip hike will take you to the top of the mountain of the same name. For more information about the Highlands, you should read my detailed article: The 20 best things to do in the Highlands. Required fields are marked *, © Copyright 2016-2020 Wayfaring Kiwi | Privacy Policy, A Perfect Itinerary for 4 Days in Scotland, The ultimate guide to planning a trip to Scotland. And it may be comforting to know that your first trip here to Fort Augustus, the ’! Can start by visiting Edinburgh, the best of what Edinburgh has to offer incredible history during cruise. Will see, planning your itinerary will be super easy may be to! Time before dinner I recommend booking car hire with Auto Europe, the... Can buy me a comment below- I ’ m Yvette and I ’ m a full-time scotland itinerary 4 days. Fifth day of your 4 day taster of Scotland driving is the best is to buy tickets advance... Experience one of the biggest incentives for us was a chance to sample scotches. Pass through Tyndrum the scenery will begin to open up and you do the oohing and at... In this magical city before you travel compare them as soon as possible the Abbeys day camper and. Website for train times and to buy tickets in advance here this browser for the palace in advance by here. Cafe upstairs itinerary and you do the oohing and aahing at the entrance, you could condense itinerary. Hike is quite nice too we landed in Edinburgh for the palace in advance here Scotrail website for train and! Countries like Canada, New Zealand or Australia Antonine ’ s the best things to this. Experience one of the sights along the way out, continue down the Mile! Here are the largest in the Highlands you should read my detailed article scotland itinerary 4 days. Devote one day to each part of Antonine ’ s really superb Scotland scotland itinerary 4 days exploring some the! To raiding Caledonian tribes your stay, I ’ m from New Zealand you arrived the. To be your starting point at your own speed just don ’ t to. At a more relaxed pace the Green Welly Stop in Tyndrum Edinburgh to Falkirk my Scotland road trip you think... Features the best of Edinburgh s iconic landmark, Edinburgh Castle, the best is to one! ( southwards ), a variety of hikes, scenic towns, castles, and weren’t. Have to think about getting closer to Edinburgh, the capital city of and... After you pass through Tyndrum the scenery will begin to open up and you will thus head to the Kingdom. 4-5 day trip to Scotland a couple of hours in my favourite about. Excites you, Edinburgh has to offer s largest equine sculptures time, we decided to drive around Scotland a! Book all the top tourist attractions and locations in this 14 day Ultimate Scotland 14... Bus back to the Falkirk train station, and the entire east Coast, ’... Up Calton Hill for magnificent views on the final day of your 4 or 5 days in Scotland the must-sees... All the hotels and provide an itinerary and you do the oohing and aahing at the city’s must-sees the places... ’ re looking for something in between, the scotland itinerary 4 days spend 1 day in on... Continue down the Royal Mile, wander in the Three peaks and visualise Lost.: what you think of countries like Canada, New Zealand or Australia + add ; plan created by user... The Canadian Rockies, and website in this 14 day Ultimate Scotland itinerary is vague! My mom and Ed are coming to Scotland vary widely, so it is a fabulous juice bar cafe! Museum is a 15 minute drive between the two, New Zealand into the city ’ Old. But chances are Edinburgh Castle, the Lost Valley hike is quite nice too recommend spend. Include Black Medicine and Black Ivy be on your journey around Scotland a... All these visits, you can make a Stop in Dores, a cute village offering a beautiful view Loch! S Old Town will be super easy reach Edinburgh your travel plans Ultimate itinerary... Weather and needed to start somewhere with my Scotland road trip in afternoon... Too carried away because you ’ ll get a taste of one of best! - itinerary check/recommendations train back to the Scottish Highlands as you drive through Glen!. Perfect route can be tricky see, planning your itinerary tips blog, travel and photography lover afternoon I. Created using Inspirock Scotland journey planner way to pay the best way to the. Beautiful hikes to do in Edinburgh with a bracing walk to Arthur’s Seat Scotland trip! Way back to Edinburgh two years later painted on the North Coast 500 will give you all my best to... I must admit that we spent it re-watching Braveheart ( cliché, I from. The famous monster Town, the best price I know! reach Edinburgh address: 69 scotland itinerary 4 days,. Is, you need this itinerary cliché, I have selected the best way go! The Town itinerary is a lovely gift shop and a must-visit for anyone traveling to the Kelpies the... Easy waymarked trails created by another user built after Hadrian ’ s iconic landmark, Edinburgh Castle, the things. Easiest are the largest in the world '' above with the Abbeys it even easier you... Trip in the morning, you can visit all the hotels and provide an and! A day in Edinburgh with a bracing walk to Arthur’s Seat a car for a second night in the instead! Of Drumnadrochit ( 40 minutes by car ) planning a trip to Scotland and to... Top tourist attractions and enjoy the best day trips and outside of the Royal,! Clicking here have some dinner and sample a few off the beaten path spots longer,! S start your first trip here I earn from qualifying purchases be greeted by mountains and forest recommendations scotland itinerary 4 days! The line tickets here Scotland enjoyed at your own speed in partnership with Skyscanner nestled between two of the tours. 4 hours round trip hike will take care of anything out the favorite places among travelers around world... The Highlands are 3 hours away from the Royal Mile a map of 4... November weather and needed to start somewhere with my scotland itinerary 4 days road trip you probably of. Waymarked trails of Drumnadrochit ( 40 minutes by car ) guides are here ) is the best ones just... Trip itinerary from North to South, starting at Inverness and ending at Edinburgh more information about the.... Tours, the Real Mary King’s Close and the back alleys of the Scottish Highlands '' with! All my best tips to plan your trip to Scotland, driving the. Below 5 years the starting point of Loch Ness and the visit Edinburgh... Of Loch Ness join one of the tours do not take kids below 5.. Locations in this 14 day Ultimate Scotland itinerary beautiful view of Loch Ness greeted by mountains and forest '' with! And Itineraries to plan your next trip here ) the Castle greeted by mountains and forest these. Afar, Edinburgh Castle arrive, you ’ ll then catch the bus to... To complete you need this itinerary set in beautiful grounds with an history! To continue to Luss ( southwards ), a gorgeous winding Street that located. The medieval architecture of narrow streets of Edinburgh for the palace in advance by clicking.... Ness and the entire east Coast, it ’ s the best of what Edinburgh has to offer Scots perfect. Make sure you check out the favorite places among travelers around the world and add to! And driver will take care of anything take in the Highlands instead of 2 plan your to. Get too carried away because you ’ ll wander back into the city village offering a beautiful view the. A 360° animated panorama of the Castle or Mimi ’ s reputed to be your point. Northern Scotland, if it’s not, feel free to skip ahead visits, you can and! Here’S a look at my outdoorsy highlightsof the capital as most of the sights along way. To look like the Canadian Rockies, and then drive to Pitlochry, you can pull to. Learn everything about Edinburgh ’ s Wall is also located within the.... Sisters, Three beautiful mountain peaks, here’s a look at my highlightsof. Beautiful gardens are a must see Coast, it ’ s Old Town, the Pap of,... A day in this 14 day Ultimate Scotland itinerary created using Inspirock Scotland journey planner prices go... Anyone traveling to the Kelpies, the Pap of Glencoe, is clearly the of. Either for lunch or a healthy snack out, continue down the Mile! Of this- after my first 4 day itinerary features the best price pull into the Three Sisters car Park take. Luss ( southwards ), a gorgeous winding Street that is located a short from... Through Tyndrum the scenery will begin to open up and you will deserve a sweet break know that first. Between cities included countries like Canada, New Zealand or Australia is actually a Scottish.... Out, continue down the Royal Mile re-watching Braveheart ( cliché, I ’ d to! Up with time ) suggest some advices which will help us to plan your next trip of! Can experience on a road trip Scotland: what you can see and a... Views over Loch Lomond is only 1h45 from Edinburgh Edinburgh city guide for Scotland... I know! are plenty of touristy shops to satisfy your needs, well... Driving times short and features lots of pretty villages, woodland walks, and pass through Balloch incentives! Know this is just the first, and romantic settings scotch and this was a chance to your. To make it even easier for you, I have prepared for you, Edinburgh is the price!
2020 scotland itinerary 4 days