I find it hard to believe that a car you suddenly can't steer isn't considered a safety issues. I'm hoping/wondering if that will be the same issue as mine so they can fix it quickly. I have a 2012 1LT Chevy Cruze, 1.4L, about 34,000 miles on it. The contact drove onto the emergency lane in order to cool the engine and the vehicle was turned off. The contact was able to restart the vehicle. statistics and reliability analysis of the 2013 Chevrolet Cruze based on all problems reported for the 2013 Cruze. We have the best products at the right price. Get reliability information for the 2013 Chevrolet Cruze from Consumer Reports, which combines extensive survey data and expert technical knowledge. Overheating is the most common cause of an irreparably damaged engine, so you should always take a temperature warning light seriously. Four problems related to engine overheat have been reported for the 2013 Chevrolet Cruze. Initially, the overheating was intermittent, so i figured it was a thermostat (sticking at times). Three problems related to engine overheat have been reported for the 2013 Chevrolet Malibu. A used 2013 Chevy Spark is not a very good choice for your next subcompact car. After examining vehicle, find there was no coolant in vehicle. 41% of the time it's Coolant leak (water pump, radiator, hose etc.) 1 out of 5 stars. ©2020, CarProblemZoo.com All rights reserved. He said that it instantly cools itself down. hence you have a problem!. Before coolant gets to empty there should be a low coolant warning to prevent the vehicle from being overheated. The engine coolant temperature warning light comes on when the engine has overheated. It has a five speed manual transmission and can go from 0 to 60 mph in 10.7 seconds. I love the digital components of the car such as the touch screen and Bluetooth compatibility. also, a car doesn't throw warning lights and check engine lights without something setting it off! On August 24, 2016, I was driving 50+ mph on a curvy road when the check engine light came on, followed immediately by the service power steering, followed by something stabilizer, followed by ac/DC shut down, to engine overheated idle engine. The Chevrolet Spark is a hybrid and a compact car that can fit a family of five comfortably. The contact owns a 2013 Chevrolet Malibu. The car was towed to the dealer who had just worked on the car for the second time in a month, and they found no codes - no surprise! Failure to follow this procedure could cause the engine to overheat and be severely damaged. Four problems related to engine overheat have been reported for the 2013 Chevrolet Cruze. So just this past friday one of the heater hoses blew on the way to work. by Jalepeno from Boston. Get the present coolant COMPLETELY flushed out of the system and fill in fresh premixed coolant (compatible with Toyotas), and fingers crossed your overheating troubles magically disappear. The area in between is the ideal operation range for your engine. I read that the 2011 Cruze had a recall on the water pump that was causing a coolant leak. If the radiator fan is not working, it’s a serious problem. Follow the steps in this video to see how to fix minor coolant (antifreeze) leaks in your 2014 Chevrolet Spark. 2013 Chevrolet Spark Overview Is the 2013 Chevrolet Spark a Good Used Car? Inspect for traces of coolant. The next day the thermostat and the hose were replaced, with no leaks of any kind thereafter. While driving car message center says engine overheated, please idle engine. We have the replacement reservoir for the repair. Vehile is at 61k no accidents, while increasing speed as coming on to the interstate (had not even reached 70 mph) the engine overheating warning came on, I pulled over to the side and before I had a chance to turn off the car, it all the sudden cooled down and no warning was given. No low coolant warning. Get Yours Today! Engine overheating after 10 minutes of driving, car engine used to stop while driving and have multiple repairs to fix vehicle after my mom passed. The contact owns a 2013 Chevrolet Cruze. Called the husband he said it had happen one other time 2 days ago. See pricing for the Used 2013 Chevrolet Spark LS Hatchback 4D. The engine coolant temperature warning light indicates that the vehicle has overheated. The contact stated while driving 25 mph the engine overheating warning sensor illuminated. While the radiator, cooling fan relay (or fan clutch), and cooling fan keep coolant from getting too hot, the thermostat makes sure the antifreeze doesn't get too cold. If it still overheats post this, something has gotten damaged (either by the wrong coolant or during the previous radiator cleaning attempt). Heat and engine vibration can damage plastic overtime causing cracks and leaks. 20% off orders over $100* + Free Ground Shipping** Online Ship-To-Home Items Only. Engine Overheat problems of the 2013 Chevrolet Cruze. For 20 minute commutes to work and short trips it is great! The 2013 Chevrolet Spark is a small, four-door hatchback offered in LS, 1LT and 2LT trims. Parking might be the most fun you have with a Chevrolet Spark. See Engine Overheating on page 10-17. I have a 2006 Pickup, 5.3L with an overheating issue. While driving 17 mph, the "engine overheating" warning indicator illuminated. 4-1 Downloadable Applications . The 2013 Chevy Spark is the latest entry into the A-segment market of micro-compacts. The contact stated while driving 25 mph the engine overheating warning sensor illuminated. I complained to chevy for the third time at corporate level and they had denied my claim as being safety related. also, why are they waiting on codes when the problem is most likely an electrical/computer problem. Not as good on longer trips and I have had issues with overheating especially on those longer trips. Your Chevy Spark ‘s radiator fan has one of the most important jobs on the vehicle. Any thoughts on the overheating issue and then subsequent not-starting of the engine? This five-door hatchback’s engine struggles to reach highway speeds. Engine overheating regular maintenance performed every 3,000 miles coolant system plugs replaced spark plugs replaced diagnostic performed (firestone) dealership inspected emissions test passed car's onboard display repeatedly displays "a/c off due to high engine temperature" and "engine overheating - idle engine" when not under load and occurs at regular highway (55-75mph) and city (30-45mph) speeds. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. Please also check out the statistics and reliability analysis of the 2013 Chevrolet Cruze based on all problems reported for the 2013 Cruze. Page 2 2013 Chevrolet Spark Owner Manual Vehicle Care ....10-1 Technical Data ....12-1 General Information . 2013 Chevrolet Spark LT My Chevy spark is a great car for my personal needs. I have spent over $5,000 in repairs easily for this vehicle and same issue and not even chevy dealership able to fix. I have a 2013 Chevy Cruze 1.8, At 1st it we come up message AC all due to high I resolved That issue. Learn more about Chevrolet Silverado 1500 at the Edmunds.com Car Forums! The approximate failure mileage was 29,083. statistics and reliability analysis of the 2013 Chevrolet Malibu, Gas Recirculation Valve (egr Valve) problems. If your 2013 Chevy Spark’s coolant tank is discolored or cracked, don’t risk low coolant level or overheating. Posted on Mar 19, 2013 Helpful 0 Change the playback to 1.25x in the settings, you'll enjoy the quicker pace;-). Caution. Cel flashes (3-5 seconds of interval flash) randomly - spark plugs replaced last occurance. Engine coolant (which is also called antifreeze or anti-freeze) moves through the inside of your Spark's engine and keeps it from overheating. The contact owns a 2013 Chevrolet Malibu. The contact drove onto the emergency lane in order to cool the engine and the vehicle was turned off. statistics and reliability analysis of the 2013 Chevrolet Cruze, Engine Clicking And Tapping Noises problems, Manifold/header/muffler/tail Pipe problems, Gas Recirculation Valve (egr Valve) problems. common sense! With a cold engine, remove the spark plugs. It is the last line of defense between you and an overheating engine. The most recently reported issues are listed below. . The power steering locked up and I was unable to steer the car and ran off the road. This vehicle has a specific coolant fill procedure. Chevrolet Sonic 2013 Automatic 140000 miles Air conditioner doesn't cool Radiator Thermostat Overheating Spark plugs Heater I have a 2013 chevy sonic after replacing the thermostat, radiator, fan and spark plugs the car is still overheating frequently also my air conditioner stopped working My car keeps saying ac turning off due to engine overheating but the actual car is not overheating, but the coolant in the reservoir is boiling and leaving the compartment quickly. MA on Tue Apr 28 2015 Bought my Chevy Spark in February 2013. When I drive a while, I can see steam coming from the side where the coolant is located and it is boiling once I opened it. The vehicle was taken to an authorized dealer for diagnostic testing and to be repaired. I also find it hard to believe that chevy can't recognize that there is a problem with the 2013 Malibu. After numerous visits to the dealer and two major repairs, the check engine light still comes on, and the power steering locks up. While there are a variety of reasons your Chevrolet Spark is overheating, the most common 3 are a coolant leak (water pump, radiator, hose etc. Use Code: GIVING20. With English Label. The check engine light comes on and stays on - when checked at the dealer they told me no code found for two years, then as time went on it started adding service power steering and ac/DC shut down. 2013 Chevrolet Spark cooling system problems with 4 complaints from Spark owners. Find the best used 2013 Chevrolet Spark near you. Equip cars, trucks & SUVs with 2013 Chevrolet Spark Thermostat from AutoZone. Controlling engine and transmission temperatures in your 2013 Chevrolet Spark is a difficult job. Driving with this light on can damage the engine and it may not be covered by the vehicle warranty. Chevrolet Spark Owners Manual / Vehicle Care / Vehicle Checks / Engine Coolant / How to Add Coolant to the Coolant Surge Tank. Please also check out the The most recently reported issues are listed below. Chevy Spark 2013, Engine Coolant Recovery Tank by Dorman®. Research the 2013 Chevrolet Spark at cars.com and find specs, pricing, MPG, safety data, photos, videos, reviews and local inventory. The most recently reported issues are listed below. Every used car for sale comes with a free CARFAX Report. ), the radiator fan, or a failed thermostat. It does have a few upsides like a great fuel economy and some good cargo solutionS. The Chevrolet Spark has a few common problems that keep popping up. The worst complaints are coolant leak. I think for about the past month if not a little longer the fan will turn on really high for about a minute or two and then turn off as soon after I start driving (no matter what time of day it is). Just because the radiator fan is not on does not mean that it is not working. Features from the upper trims are not available as options on supporting models. How many people have to die before they address this issue? Its standard interior lacks many of the features found in competitors, such as a USB port. Chevrolet Spark. We have 168 2013 Chevrolet Spark vehicles for sale that are reported accident free, 71 1-Owner cars, and 189 personal use cars. Page 1: Table Of Contents 2013 Chevrolet Spark Owner Manual In Brief .....1-1 Storage ..... . The contact was able to restart the vehicle. Chevrolet Sonic 2013 Automatic 140000 miles Air conditioner doesn't cool Radiator Thermostat Overheating Spark plugs Heater I have a 2013 chevy sonic after replacing the thermostat, radiator, fan and spark plugs the car is still overheating frequently also my air conditioner stopped working 2013 Chevrolet Spark ... cooling fan, antifreeze leaks, water pump, thermostat, overheating. statistics and reliability analysis of the 2013 Chevrolet Malibu based on all problems reported for the 2013 Malibu. Get KBB Fair Purchase Price, MSRP, and dealer invoice price for the 2013 Chevrolet Spark LS Hatchback 4D. Leaking coolant is one of the more common types of fluid leaks on Sparks. Filled up coolant. ©2020, CarProblemZoo.com All rights reserved. Most Problems Ever! If the computer isn't working its no surprise that the warnings are not throwing a code! 72 Answers There is no engine temp gauge in the 2013, it comes equipped with a temperature warning light, to confirm this works when you switch you ignition oon you will notice a temp light on the dash around the revcounter display. Please also check out the