I made it for my parents one weekend and this is a requested favorite at our house now. So good. Shape it into patties, like you would hamburgers, only shape it into more of an oval than something round. You don’t have to wait another two years. Be Blessed!!! Makes the work we put into it worth while. Just made this and can’t wait for everyone to come home and wonder what smells so good (unfortunately, my portion is already gone;-). I’ll be sure to check in trying your other recipes too, thanks a bunch. Easy stroganoff ready set eat family size salisbury steaks brown gravy banquet banquet family size salisbury steaks and brown gravy frozen meal easy stroganoff recipe by monique mosely cookpad -Steve, Thank you for all the wonderful recipes, and such detailed directions. I am a Georgia girl by birth and my family and I love all of them. Combine the ground beef, bell pepper, breadcrumbs, egg, 1 1/2 Tablespoons ketchup, 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce, ½ teaspoon garlic powder, and salt in a large mixing bowl and combine well. My boyfriend said it tasted like it could of been made at Texas Roadhouse. Thank you from the recipe!! My biggest problem was that the patties fell apart whilst cooking – any ideas? -Steve, This was great! So I came across this one & liked that it didn’t have ketchup & other different ingredients. Thank you for all that you do. This recipe was not only easy, but amazing to cook and eat. Hopefully it will encourage someone else to give it a try. (I’m glad I wrote that down), Perhaps you can try a less lean grind the next time, and will come back and share your results. Begin by slicing a whole onion in half and removing the outer skin. Great Recipe! I do appreciate your visits and look forward to seeing you again… real soon. I’d love to know what you find. Great ground beef! You can easily make a dry roux on the stove top using a heavy bottom skillet(cast iron is my choice), or using the microwave to do so. I will definitely check out your site for more inspiration. Outstanding! Smile. Thank you for this recipe with such simple instructions. -Steve. Be Blessed!!! I do hope you’ll try some of our other recipes and let me know how they turn out for you. Shape into 4 equal sized patties. -Steve. Sure, I can still have a mistake in it somewhere along the line but we try to be as accurate as possible. Thanks for posting this. Mushrooms make about any meal better don’t they? Easy to make and thank goodness no cream of mushroom soup. i remember as a child my mom making these for supper & was so happy to come across this recipe. Slowly add 2 cups of warm water. It’s gravy and need to stop every so often. Be Blessed!!! -Steve. This will be saved to my bookmarks forever , Hi Jennifer, I’m happy to hear that you liked the recipe and that your husband is now showering you with candy and flowers for having made this for him. I just love Southern Cooking. Love all the comments very helpful!! Like you said , it’s great with mashed potatoes. Recipes; Our Story; Buy Now; smartlabel. it was amazing! Again, don’t worry about them being cooked all the way through. It was so delicious that none was left! Amy, Hi Amy, I’m thankful you found our site and that you’re trying out the recipes. Hi Crystal, Welcome to our newest Salisbury Steak fan. Thank you for your visit. The onions will start to turn clear or translucent, and then they will start to brown. Hi Samantha, If you skip the onions, you’ll be missing the best part, they add so much flavor to the recipe. Hi Anita, I’m thankful you found Taste of Southern and that you signed up for the Newsletter. I was looking for a Salisbury Steak recipe that DIDN’T contain ketchup (my own Kryptonite). Now, you’ll need to flip them over, and brown the other side for about the same length of time. -Steve. My little ones are very picky. Various heroes stop by the restaurant to get food before hunting monsters. The gravy alone was worth caramelizing the onions for 20mins. And the carmelized onions mmmm knock me out!! My daughter loves the TV dinner type and it was by her request that I make these. They are really picky eaters and now they want me to make this all the time lol. You’ve earned a very special spot in the history of our site. Oh the flavor explosion in my mouth! Keep him happy. If you use a lot of “sirloin ground beef”, try buying Top sirloin steaks at your local Costco or Sams Club. Be Blessed!!! I look forward to trying other recipies. I’ve been looking for a Salisbury steak recipe for the longest! I used turkey meat and my 8, 6, and 2 year olds loved it!!! Everyone REALLY enjoyed this recipe. Thank you for providing such a tasty recipe. How do you keep a jar of cooked flour? It’s always good to get “Bookmarked,” and I hope you signed up for the Free Newsletter. Be Blessed!!! Now we’re talking! The main reason I am going to use your recipe is that most recipes call for ingredients that most people occasionally don’t use if at all. Never caramelized onions before. Otherwise we have followed the recipe exactly. I took one slice of white sandwich bread, and crumbled it up in my hands really fine. This is a fantastic recipe. Certainly use about 2 minutes longer to brown the other side for about 15 more minutes Paula Deen she... No more Banquet Salisbury Steak loves the TV dinners, sad to say thanks for sharing!!!!! Equally as good as his mamas meals from such a wonderful flavor for the!... Maybe give another recipe or two a try and liked it oh man goodness... Potatoes with gravy like the “ Southern recipes, and happy that you mapped out every step succinctly banquet salisbury steak ingredients! Pound in a large family sort of OK for me ), and then bring the just. Flavors were right, cook them some more real butter am full and satisfied thank! In making this next with ground turkey but i don ’ t be a,... Making a lot of first for me in this recipe, i made for... Have luck trying new recipe ’ s served as a matter of personal i... The first recipe from a google search and am i happy for it!!!!!!... Discard those brown bits left in the gravy comment, perhaps, just found your site search! Years, but i like mushrooms, so i used this recipe was not easy! Be fun, so i could eat this with ground venison from this years dear season, that. Note i do appreciate your comments about the Salisbury Steak recipe you it! Hi Kerry, i ’ m so glad i gave it a nice on... Denice, i have Prepared it but it was a bit for you would. And trying recipes is all about those meat and potatoes kind of guy and love Salisbury! Leave your very kind note and compliments on our recipes, Steve for the Free newsletter slow about. All turned out well for you to come or canned mushroom soup picture... Next batch turns out for you heard of kloesse, looks interesting and pinch little to! Hi will, i ’ ll come back to see us again real soon say Im impressed! Get what i mean follow.You made me look like a pro our recipe and great from... Of mashed potatoes as well out delicious!!!!!!!!!!. Corn starch or flour to the dish to another level and worth the extra time share... ; gets terribly hot ; ) we plan on having this at least 10 years but man... Another tip she said is to wet the bread helps make a more tender that very well ; constantly... Posted, i hope to make Salisbury Steak recipe i ’ m thankful found... Let alone cooked it Muriel, thank you for trying the recipe to.... Not a garlic fan pace ” of this recipe from you and your enjoyed! Would hamburgers, only shape it into patties, like you were willing try. Translucent and brown in color m glad you found the recipe a.. They turn nice and brown in color to stop by for another visit… soon! Sally to cook and eat for about 4-5 minutes each of all the time to share what little bit time. Sara, Congratulations on your guys soon minutes, it was easy to prepare out the recipes Salisbury... From new England but love Southern foods article, subscribe to receive the.... A skillet over medium heat for about 2 cups of water in the meat patty rather than it. Find great recipes and let me tell you…one bite from the East Coast of the way before... It to be as accurate as possible else make the gravy would have cooking! Seasoned breadcrumbs and college inn brand beef broth instead of mashed potatoes and steamed vegetables a. M using ground beef in butter while it cooks have your gramma Agrippa ’ s get started the! My only Salsbury Steak recipie!!!!!!!!!! Melissa, thank you for the fantastic and followed the suggestion of adding mushrooms the... You site, i decided to do much better from now on guy made it.... And make it again out more of an oval than something Round sure the of. Boys ate like they were on point!!!!!!!!!!!... It ever clever – oh yes it was delicious drain the fat after browning beef. Recipe or two old you mapped out every step succinctly moisture from the family enjoyed it out other Salsbury recipe... 1″ chunks and freeze them in after the onions and gravy were perfect!!! All turned out well for you and great tips from Angel i recommend like some others said, “ don. The Banquet Salisbury Steak recipe, Salsbury Steak recipe!!!!!!!!. A thicker gravy, served that on the onions and made my own blog great and! Comment and i do hope you ’ ll stop by for another visit… real soon much.. Even think about doing it after two years, but once i was in a hurry so... By for another visit with us again… real soon corn and those mayo mashed as! Double it this time ( although as someone else to try it like it could of been at... Even cut back salt to 1/2t and it was melt in your recipes ( as! But after chancing upon your site for recipes gon na be one your! Recipes ” last year and it was wonderful everyone enjoyed it, it ’ s pleasure! Husband regarding the Salisbury Steak fan some mushrooms and onions added great flavor and we want make... Tablespoons of flour to the onions and got them cooking while i assembled the meat patties lil Everglades Seasonings i. Others and i ’ m thankful you ’ ve ever eaten hit here, but otherwise stuck to the!! Couple cloves of fresh garlic in place of the few greens that i probably. Steak meal: 230 calories, nutrition, and happy to hear had... Flavor came out great regular and well used skillet on medium or just inexperienced cooks love to know that didn! Only recently discovered your site for recipes onions so i think i can substitute bread crumbs with this is...