The NIKON B700 is one of the most functional and versatile "point and shoot" cameras available. Especially as it takes some time (at least five minutes in my case) to find out how to re-assign the buttons. This point and shoot camera from Nikon features a DSLR like design, except it gets a fixed lens. In addition to the PASM modes, the B700 mode dial has positions for Auto , Scene modes, Night Landscape, Night portrait and Landscape modes, Creative mode and a position marked U which you can save your own setup to. Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews There was a problem completing your request. That said, the new Moon scene mode may be enough to encourage first timers to have a crack at lunar photography. You can also opt to upload your photos to the Nikon Image Space service and I can see that this might be useful as a backup or if you wanted to share full-size JPEGs on from there. It costs a little over half what you’ll pay for the B700. By: garywc (Feb 10, 2019) Posted to: Nikon Coolpix Talk. From Japan +C $48.49 shipping. We are always transparent about where our information comes from so that you don’t have to waste time and money buying the wrong thing. In this review, we will be comparing P950 and B700, two Small Sensor Superzoom cameras by Nikon. The Coolpix A10 is the latest Nikon offering in its Coolpix A series—essentially an … In all likelihood it’s the B700’s viewfinder that’s making the difference, providing extra stability with the camera pressed to your face. Best Point and Shoot Under 500 Cameras in 2020 (December Reviews), Poor shutter speed at full tele zoom range. Nikon COOLPIX B700 Compact Digital Camera. Nikon Coolpix B700. My D90 on ISO 3200 is less … And it’s a strong choice for beginners looking for a versatile bridge camera with an impressive zoom range, RAW capabilities, and 4K video. Your email address will not be published. However, beneath its serious exterior is nothing more than an average 1/2.3-inch-type compact … by Jeremy Gray Preview posted: 02/22/2016. Cameras. The Nikon Coolpix B700 updates the P610 and features the same 60x optical zoom lens, but upgrades the insides to offer a new 20 megapixel sensor, and 4K video recording. It also features a superzoom lens that can deliver up to 60x optical zoom and 120x Dynamic fine zoom. As long as you don’t shoot in really low light, the camera gives a worth for its buck performance. Overall, the Nikon B700 is a good superzoom point and shooter with a good sensor and 60x optical zoom. Both the B700 and the P950 are fixed lens compact cameras that are equipped with a 1/2.3-inch sensor. But the reality is, with its tiny 1/2.3” sensor, it is more like a super telephoto lens attached to a smartphone. The B700 is the natural successor to the P610 with which it shares the same 60x zoom, the screen and electronic viewfinder. Having dedicated over eight years on writing about consumer electronics and enlightening the readers on every new gadget on the block, Sid has traced the evolution of smartphones. Download the original file (Registered members of Vimeo only) With its insane zoom range of 24-2000mm and 7 fps shooting speed, it is a versatile choice for many types of photography, including wildlife. When you’re fully zoomed in, in any of the focus modes the COOLPIX B700 can be slow to focus, it can spend more than a second adjusting the focus through the entire range and sometimes you need to make more than one attempt. You could also try out the Nikon P7700, which offers similar features. Top Rated Seller Top Rated Seller. Unbiased, No B.S. Ah, the Nikon Coolpix P1000, the camera with an impressive 24-3000mm zoom range. Finally, there’s a subject tracking mode which allows you to identify a subject with an AF point which then follows it around. Nikon B700 Review - B700 Specifications. The lens covers a range from 24mm to 1440mm in 35mm equivalent terms and has a maximum aperture of f3.3 closing to f6.5 at the telephoto end of the zoom. If this isn’t to your liking, maybe you should check out the Canon Powershot G16. Coolpix A10. The quality is good, but not as detailed as you might expect and the noise from the zoom motor is a little intrusive. The COOLPIX B500 is a very different proposition when it comes to batteries as it takes 4 AAs. But does the camera cut too many features to fit the budget price? The B700’s 20 Megapixel sensor supports 4k UHD video and as well as PASM exposure modes for stills shooting it has a raft of scene and feature modes. The B700 Nikon Coolpix is a point and shoot camera that features a fixed zoom lens with a maximum optical zoom of 60x. Olympus Stylus Tough TG-6 Review August 7, 2020. The Nikon Coolpix A1000 is a solid pocketable camera with big zoom power, an EVF, and a tilting LCD, but it's not a good choice for low-light photography. For more of the best camera reviews, go to goodhousekeeping.co.uk/institute Nikon certainly hasn’t skimped on features for the P7000, setting out to match or beat its main rival. The Coolpix B700 is great value for money, especially since it retails for under 500 USD. Nikon Coolpix B700 Review July 28, 2020. Shares. The camera comes with built-in Wi-Fi with NFC, and Bluetooth BLE connectivity for easy file sharing. 3000mm is no joke – it would seem like an ultimate camera for photographing distant subjects. A comprehensive review of the Nikon Coolpix B700. We're on a mission to fix the broken user review system. Olympus Stylus Tough TG-6 Review August 7, 2020. Nikon … It comes with a PSAM mode dial, which puts all the important settings close to your reach. Nikon B700 Review -- First Impressions. The Nikon Coolpix B600 ($329.95) is a small camera with a lot of zoom power—60x to be precise. The COOLPIX B700 is one of the first Nikon super-zooms to feature its new SnapBridge technology which works with Wifi, NFC and Bluetooth to provide wireless links between the camera and your smartphone. Download the original file (Registered members of Vimeo only) The 20.7-megapixel backside illuminated CMOS sensor offers ISO range up to 3200, 5ps continuous shooting, and can also shoot RAW images. Why We Like It – Nikon Coolpix B700 Review. Bluetooth allows the COOLPIX B700 to maintain a low-power wireless link with your smartphone at all times, allowing it to embed GPS positions or watermarks on images as you take them, while also trickling photos from the camera to phone, all without intervention – even when the camera’s switched off if desired. When you’ve finished using the flash you just push it back down into the closed position. It has 60x zoom - 24-1440mm f./3.3-6.5. And often they review only the products that provide the most kickbacks when you buy. We all know Nikon is one of the best brands for Cameras. The last two were introduced on the budget COOLPIX L840. A new camera would look like this after a couple days use. There is 12 months difference between B700 and P900 so we don't expect to see a … CDN$29.99. Home. Find out where the B600 wins! The B700 is the latest Nikon compact to benefit from the company’s new Snapbridge technology. 2. replies. Install Nikon's new SnapBridge app on a compatible smartphone or tablet* and unlock exciting new capabilities with the COOLPIX B700. The screen is a 3 inch LCD panel with resolution of 921k dots. The Nikon Coolpix B600 ($329.95) is a small camera with a lot of zoom power—60x to be precise. Required fields are marked *, Is this a review? 23 watchers. Point and Shoot . Both cameras have 1/2.3" sensors but Nikon B700 has a 20.0 MP and Nikon P900 has a 16.0 MP resolution. Review Price: £230.00; Super-zoom cameras … This review is devoted to Coolpix B700 that Nikon has first introduced to the public in Feb 23, 2016. There are two options, Normal and Off as well as an Active mode that irons out excessive wobbling, examples of the kinds of conditions it might be useful in, according to the manual, are ‘when shooting from a car or under poor foothold conditions’. Above: For this second clip, also shot in 4K UHD, the camera was mounted on a tripod and the stabilisation was disabled. The video talks about all headline features of the camera in detail. Manual transfer using the Bluetooth connection means you only get the keepers on your phone, but it involves a bit more time and effort, not least because the slow Bluetooth connection means it can take a long time to display thumbnails of all the images on the camera’s card on your phone screen, find and select the ones you want, then queue them for transfer. Owing to the 24-2000mm focal length, the camera boasts an insane 83x optical zoom. Last one. Login. The Superzoom camera can be used to capture 20.2 megapixel RAW images with plenty of detail. Of course if you prefer you can always use Wifi to transfer images manually, and the Wifi link also allows you to shoot remotely using your phone. Personally I prefer the always on method, it’s just far simpler as it just happens without you having to think about it. The limit on continuous movie recording is 29 minutes or when the file size reaches 4GB. Nikon Coolpix A1000 review Nikon's latest compact camera goes big on zoom and extra features By Ben Andrews 29 January 2019. The Nikon Coolpix B700 and the Nikon Coolpix P950 are two digital cameras that were revealed to the public, respectively, in February 2016 and January 2020. The Canon PowerShot SX70 HS and the Nikon Coolpix B700 are two digital cameras that were announced, respectively, in September 2018 and February 2016. Time taken for 2 Megapixel images to be automatically transferred from the camera to your phone is a little variable and in my experience could be anything from a few seconds to nearly a minute, longer if there’s a queue of images to be transferred. The COOLPIX B700 uses the full width of the sensor to record 4K and downsamples it from 5185 to 3840 pixels wide. or Best Offer. The COOLPIX B700 makes a pretty good job of challenging lighting conditions and the AF does well, though it goes out at the end of the zoom and takes a few seconds to recover. Nikon’s Coolpix B700 is an excellent all-round bridge camera that provides a distinct edge over competitors and a worthy upgrade to its predecessor. The dimensions are 125 x 85 x 106mm and the B700 weighs 570g with the battery and a card – that’s a little bigger all round and just under 30g, or about an ounce heavier than the B500. So keep it out of low light and it will do justice to you. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. You get a great zoom camera that offers 60x optical zoom and up to 120x Dynamic Fine zoom. Selecting the COOLPIX B700’s SSID is easy enough, but then you’re asked for the WPA2 password. The actual focal length of the lens is 4.5-539mm, so it is primarily the Now, I would love to go for telling the problems I had been through. As with earlier Wifi-equipped models you can control the camera remotely and download photos to your phone, what’s new is that you can transmit images to your phone in the background as you shoot using the low power Bluetooth connection. The difference is the mounting. Next to the viewfinder is a small sensor which automatically turns the viewfinder on and the screen off when you raise the camera to your eye. As long as you don’t shoot in really low light, the camera gives a worth for its buck performance. On the top panel, the mode dial has positions for auto mode, the PASM modes, three dedicated scene mode positions (Night landscape, Night portrait and Landscape) a Scene position for the remaining scene modes (selected via the screen menu) Creative effects and finally a user defined mode. I’ve got quite long fingers and my middle finger just makes contact with the body when wrapped around the grip. Both cameras offer a resolution of 20.2 megapixels. Nikon Coolpix P900 review: Design and layout. It also features an electronic viewfinder, and a 3.0-inch Vari-angle LCD monitor. This Nikon COOLPIX B700 20.3 megapixel digital camera comes with a CMOS sensor, and has 60x optical zoom, 4x digital zoom. The camera has a 5-axis dual detect Vibration Reduction system. Sign up for our newsletter to receive weekly recommendations about seasonal and trending products. Nikon COOLPIX B700 Firmware Update – The Nikon Coolpix B700 updates P610 and features the same 60x optical zoom lens, but enhances the inside to offer a new 20-megapixel sensor and 4K video recording. If you fit it with non-rechargeable alkaline batteries you’ll get around 600 shots, a lot more if you use NiMH or Lithium rechargeables. The grip on the camera is well shaped and offers good ergonomics and a secure hold. There are two Fn buttons which can be assigned to a range of menu items including drive mode, white balance, metering mode and ISO sensitivity. As you can see, B700 is 4 years older than P950. For full review of Nikon Coolpix B700 camera with RAW samples, visit https://www.digimanie.cz/recenze-nikon-coolpix-b700-prirodovedec/7349 Above: This clip was shot with the COOLPIX B700’s 4K UHD mode at 25fps. Cart. In practice, as anyone who has tried to shoot the moon will know, framing is a tricky business. That’s our promise and our commitment.. Christen and Rex [Founders of Gadget Review], © Copyright 2020, All Rights Reserved  |  Gadget Review. NO GOAL IS OUT OF REACH. The video talks about all headline features of the camera in detail. Cameras & Accessories. Apart from some selective colour options the effect sets provide four variations on a theme – noir are black and white filters, Classic are strong coloured monochrome tints, Memory gives you variation on a slightly washed out cross-processed look. The Nikon Coolpix B700 is a 20.3 megapixel Bridge camera with a massive 60x optical zoom which is extendable to 120x Dynamic Fine Zoom. Here, just above the screen you’ll also find a button for toggling display overlays as well as another button for toggling between the screen and the viewfinder. Nikon COOLPIX B700 at best prices with FREE shipping & cash on delivery. 3000mm is no joke – it would seem like an ultimate camera for photographing distant subjects. A comprehensive review of the Nikon Coolpix B700. It also features an in-built rechargeable battery. 2 product ratings - Nikon COOLPIX B700 BK Digital Camera 20MP Optical Zoom 60x Black B700BK [076. Nikon Coolpix B700,is Nikon's mid-range ultra-zoom bridge camera with 60x optical zoom 20 megapixel sensor,and 4K video recording. Above: 1/1000, f6.5, 100 ISO, 258mm (1440mm equivalent). Among the more interesting ones are Easy Panorama, Moon and Birdwatching scene modes. There are others, but to be honest I wasn’t blown away with them and found myself longing for the usual Nikon effects at least some of which offered a degree of customisation. So here’s the question: is all that control and sophistication worth the extra money, or will the less expensive COOLPIX B500 give you everything you need or want from a super-zoom. You can also activate a digital zoom up to 120x. The camera is just as good as if it were new. In this review, we will be comparing B700 and P900, two Small Sensor Superzoom cameras by Nikon. It would be good to be able to configure the redundant dial for exposure compensation, or even ISO sensitivity. In good light the viewfinder provides a stable detailed view, though in very low light there’s an ever so slight, but noticeable lag. The … Alternatively get yourself a copy of my In Camera book or treat me to a coffee! MY NIKON B700 after I take picture then want to review them on camera by pushing review button the camera says no pictures available and then camera freezes so no start button works and lens will not retract . Nikon's newest 60x zoom camera, the Coolpix B700. The arbitrary limit on the focal length is a bit of an imposition though and I reckon most bird photographers will be happier just to use program auto mode and set the set the drive mode to one of the continuous options. Whether you are at a football game or on a hike, the 20.3-megapixel B700 captures crisp details in 4K ultra high-definition. More usefully, a small square in the middle of the frame indicates the area framed when fully zoomed in, so with the camera on a tripod you can frame the moon in the small square then press OK to automatically zoom the lens all the way in, theoretically at least. On the back the control dial is flanked by playback, menu and delete buttons with a movie record button conveniently positioned just above the thumb rest. And it’s a strong choice for beginners looking for a versatile bridge camera with an impressive zoom range, RAW capabilities, and 4K video. The COOLPIX B700 fits very comfortably in my hands. Your email address will not be published. I … You can also have any of these modes at 30/60 frame rates, or 4k at 30p. Coolpix B700 boasts of a 20.3-megapixel BSI CMOS. It’s the same panel as on the B500 and they both provide a bright detailed image that’s viewable from a wide angle. First introduced in February 2016, Nikon Coolpix B700 is a 20.0MP Small Sensor Superzoom camera with a 1/2.3" (6.17 x 4.55 mm) sized BSI-CMOS sensor, built-in Image Stabilization, Fully articulated screen and 24-1440 mm F3.3-6.5 lens. Get closer to the action with 60x optical zoom *1 and 120x Dynamic Fine Zoom *2 on the COOLPIX B700. Only 9 left in stock. The NIKON B700 is one of the most functional and versatile "point and shoot" cameras available. SanDisk 128GB SDXC SD Ultra Memory Card Works with Nikon Coolpix A900, A100, P1000, W100, W300, B700 Digital Camera (SDSDUNR-128G-GN6IN) Bundle with (1) Everything But Stromboli Card Reader $53.69 Get the deal Pros : Great picture quality ,Incredible zoom , flip out and twist LCD monitor, impressive, amount of battery life ,built in stereo … Below is an overview of the main specs of the … Stabilization, Touch Enabled 3-Inch LCD, Wi-Fi, DC-FZ80K (Black) 4.4 out of 5 stars 2,063 This identifies subjects (objects as well as people) in the frame when the camera is pointed at a scene. Once confirmed, the phone and camera are connected by Bluetooth and you’ll never need to do it again. The Good Housekeeping Institute tests and reviews the best cameras, including the Nikon CoolPix B700, which scored 77/100. It takes the same EN-EL23 battery as the earlier P610 and you can expect to get around 440 shots from a full charge – nearly a hundred more than previously. If there are no faces in the frame it defaults to the nine-area AF system which it uses to focus on the subject closest to the camera. Having your shots immediately accessible on your phone makes sharing to social networks about as simple as if you’d taken the shots on your phone in the first place. Key Specifications. Nikon Coolpix B700 Bridge Camera vs Sony CyberShot DSC-W830 Point & Shoot Camera comparison on basis of zoom, sensor, connectivity, battery, resolution, reviews & ratings and much more with full phone specifications at Gadgets Now Clearly Nikon thinks it’s got a winning form factor here and I’m not going to argue. When not writing, he can be found relaxing and watching movies or traveling. But there is a least a display mode that superimposes the 16:9 area on the 4:3 screen for you. The COOLPIX B700 was introduced in late 2016 alongside a budget sibling, the COOLPIX B500. I set the app to automatically download my photos as I took them, opting for the reduced 2 Megapixel size partly for speed but also to save space on my phone. Our Verdict. Only Genuine Products. They take money from brands to skew results. The only drawback is you might not want everything you shoot on your phone, but a few minutes spent culling the unwanted images easily takes care of that – and again you can choose to manually tag specific images for transfer if you don’t want all of them queued. All Product … In this review, you will find out what makes it special, especially for those who like capturing wildlife in still photos. This is one of the best point and shoot under 500, although prices may vary due to availability. 4.4 ★ 132 Ratings & 46 Reviews. If you own a COOLPIX P610 all this is probably sounding quite familiar. To test the COOLPIX B700’s stabilisation I set it to shutter priority exposure mode, zoomed the lens to its maximum telephoto setting and took a series of shots at progressively slower shutter speeds, first with Vibration reduction set to off and then with it on. No The COOLPIX B700 offers a choice of six AF area modes, plus manual focus. The Nikon COOLPIX B700 is a mid-range super-zoom with a 60x range and 16 Megapixels. In fact, when you attempt to transfer photos in this way the SnapBridge app helpfully suggests you switch to a Wifi connection for faster transfers. I put the camera through its paces taking multiple photos using different settings, macro to full zoom, and set up the Nikon app to control and download through wifi and bluetooth. Check prices on the Nikon COOLPIX B700 at Amazon, B&H, Adorama, or Wex. If you’re shooting people, face recognition is probably a better choice of AF modes, but target finding does seem to have an uncanny knack for picking the main subject in a scene which for some situations is a real improvement on the nine-area AF mode. Below is an overview of the main specs of the … First introduced in February 2016, Nikon Coolpix B700 is a 20.0MP Small Sensor Superzoom camera with a 1/2.3" (6.17 x 4.55 mm ) sized BSI-CMOS sensor, built-in Image Stabilization , Fully articulated screen and 24-1440 mm F3.3-6.5 lens.. Nikon B700 Review - Click for Table of Contents Nikon COOLPIX B700 design and controls Externally, the COOLPIX B700 looks little different to the Earlier P610 and indeed the P600 before that, and yes, the even earlier P500. Like Moon mode, it provides a frame guide and zooms in automatically, this time to 800mm. The COOLPIX B700’s lens has a 60x optical range starting at 24mm and extending to 1440mm in 35 equivalent numbers. 99 Panasonic Lumix FZ80 4K Digital Camera, 18.1 Megapixel Video Camera, 60X Zoom DC VARIO 20-1200mm Lens, F2.8-5.9 Aperture, Power O.I.S. Your email address will not be published. Nikon Coolpix A900 Review: Best Budget Super-Zoom For those on a budget, the 20MP Nikon A900 is a capable and affordable compact camera with a 35x super-zoom lens. MY NIKON B700 after I take picture then want to review them on camera by pushing review button the camera says no pictures available and then camera freezes so no start button works and lens will not retract . The flash has a maximum distance at the wide angle lens setting, with the aperture set to f3.3, of seven metres, not at all bad though as it’s quoted with the ISO set to auto it’s not easy to make comparisons. The Bluetooth link between the camera and your phone is maintained when you switch the camera off, so any remaining downloads can complete and to save time connecting when you turn the camera back on again. Guess what - … Wifi is used for more conventional manual selection and wireless transfer of photos to your phone and the NFC chip provides tap-to-connect for suitably equipped Android phones. The B700 offers a 4K UHD video mode at 25fps encoded at 60mb/s. The camera has built-in Wifi, NFC and Bluetooth chips. Nikon COOLPIX B700 Digital Camera 4 out of 5 stars 206 $849.99 $ 849 . I bought this Nikon Coolpix B700 a few months ago. Amid all the drought for Nikon B700 professional reviews (save for one or two), I thought of sharing my experiences with this camera after 4 full days of continuous use shooting primarily birds, wildlife and a bit of landscapes. I could comfortably fit the B500 in my parka pocket; the B700 went in, but it was a tight squeeze and a bit of a faff to get back out. Clearly Nikon thinks it’s got a winning form factor here and I’m not going to argue. The Nikon Coolpix B600 has two big things going for it -- a 60x zoom lens and a $330 price point. Both the SX70 and the B700 are fixed lens compact cameras that are equipped with a 1/2.3-inch sensor. There’s also 1080/50p, 1080/25p, 720/50p, and 720/25p. Buy It Now. The COOLPIX B700’s combined battery and card compartment is located in the grip and accessed via a door in the base of the camera. The Nikon COOLPIX B700 is an SLR-styled super-zoom with a 60x optical zoom lens. Here’s a comparison showing the 900mm equivalent on the COOLPIX B500 alongside the 1440mm equivalent of the B700 taken from the same spot. Built-in Wi-Fi®, NFC and Bluetooth® low energy (BLE) maintain a constant connection between the app and your camera, so each shot you take automatically transfers to your smartphone or tablet for sharing, editing with photo apps or uploading to your favorite sites. H.264 - 1920 x 1080 p - 60 fps H.264 - 1920 x 1080 p - 50 fps H.264 - 1920 x 1080 p - 30 fps The camera also … Above: For this clip I tested the COOLPIX B700’s continuous AF performance in 1080 /25p mode by zooming the lens in slightly and panning from the beer glass on the table up to the bar and back again. The advantage of this approach is that there’s no cropping (at the sides at least, the top and bottom of the frame is cropped because of the different proportions of UHD video – 16:9 – compared with the native 4:3 proportions of the B700’s sensor). As we saw in the earlier clips, the B700’s AF responds quite slowly, but it doesn’t hunt around too much and gets there in the end. 20,999 This is a minor complaint, however, and for wildlife and sports shooting, or for that matter any situation where you need to keep track of a moving subject when zoomed in it’s indispensable. Stabilisation is a key factor with long zooms and the COOLPIX B700 is equipped with optical image stabilisation or Vibration Reduction as Nikon calls it. Bluetooth may be technically slower than Wifi, but by tagging, watermarking and or copying images without intervention, it invariably gets the job done quicker as there’s no need to pause and manually initiate the process. This model is a Small Sensor Superzoom camera with a resolution of 20.0 MP and a 1/2.3" (6.17 x 4.55 mm) sized BSI-CMOS sensor. View full Nikon Coolpix B700 specs on CNET. Thanks!